Creating Social media strategy
Creating a social media strategy is the key to your results. Making sure that you focus on the right channels and activities. Creating your user personas to target and helping your team to find tactics that lead to desired goals.
- Creating social media strategy – what is the goal of your social media presence and how you intend to get there? The strategy is the easy part. Execution matters
- Create budgets for your social media activities – when you have a strategy where you want to go, you need resources to get you there. How much is enough? What compromises you have to make?
- Work with internal stakeholders – sometimes you need to prove that your budgets are an investment that will generate positive ROI for the business. You need people who support your efforts.
- Plan your social media campaigns – When your social media strategy and budget are in place, then you can start to plan the execution phase. What will be the day to day activities to get you to the results you need?
- Recruit and manage the social media marketing team for your organization. Decide how much people you need. What social media activities do you want to keep in-house and what can you outsource to an agency or a freelancer?
- Manage change and adopt social media into your organizational culture. You can combat the declining organic reach in major social networks by engaging your team and co-workers to generate initial organic reach for your campaigns.
- Work with other branches of marketing in your company to integrate social media with all marketing. When different marketing activities support each other, then you get results that exceed your individual efforts. In this case, one plus one is often more than two.